Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's a peanut butter sandwich day

Two Slices of Toast with Butter and Strawberry Jam




My children are some of the pickiest eaters on the planet! I blame myself completely. I am a picky eater and I know this about myself. I tried to introduce my girls to a variety of foods when they were little so that they would eat more as they got older. I'm not sure where I went wrong but it didn't work and now they eat nothing.

I like hamburgers and casseroles and fried chicken...they will have nothing to do with any of them. Yesterday I put a roast in the crock pot because I was tired of eating frozen chicken nuggets and fries...my girl's favorite meal. You would have thought I was beating them the way they were acting. They screamed and cried and refused to eat. Even when you know that there is nothing wrong with offering them good food, they have this unique way of making you feel like crap for trying to feed them. It's an unusual concept to process but they do it.

I have had a long day so I have decided to be 'lazy mom' today and give them peanut butter sandwiches (no jelly...they hate it), chips, and strawberries. They couldn't be happier.

I guess it goes to show you that we, as moms, don't have to always go above and beyond with everything. Simple peanut butter sandwiches are enough to make our kids smile...and that makes me smile.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you're doing fine. Peanut butter has tons of protein (though I'm allergic!) and strawberries are great food. I was picky as a child and now I'm 23 and I'll eat anything, so maybe it's a phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laurie Beth...they'll turn out fine. I had one very picky eater child who loves everything now...even eats stuff I won't! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean..I have some picky eaters too and it can be so hard sometimes and I am hoping they like different things more when they are older. You're still doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete